Yes, but only signature pads with LCD screens can be updated. This is how you check the firmware version and update it if needed.
- Plug your device into a USB port on the computer.
- Download and install ScripTouch Toolbox from the Scriptel Software Downloads page.
- Run ScripTouch Toolbox.
- You should see a green icon in the lower left corner indicating that your device is connected.
- Go to the Firmware tab.
- If a newer version of firmware is available you will see a message indicating such.
- Click “Download,” then “Yes,” and follow the directions on the LCD screen of your signature pad.
Scriptel produces display-less devices. The following devices have no display: ScripTouch Desktop 1×5 and the ScripTouch Slimline 1X5. Please visit our product specific pages for more information.
Yes, the brightness of the backlight is adjustable through the ScripTouch Toolbox, except for the Desktop LCD models (ST1500/1B).
For those models only, the backlight may be turned on or off but may not be dimmed.
To verify that a ProScript device is functional complete the following steps:
- Plug the device into a USB port on the computer.
- Download and install Sign & Save from the Scriptel Software Downloads page.
- Run “Sign and Save.”
- In the lower left hand corner an icon will appear. A green icon indicates that the device is connected. A gray icon indicates that no device was found.
- If a green icon is present, draw a signature on the device and check that the signature appears in the “Sign and Save” application.
To verify that an EasyScript device is functional on any OS (Windows, Linux, or Mac) complete the following steps.
- Plug the EasyScript device into the computer.
- Navigate to http://ny.scriptel.com/easyscript in a web browser.
- Place the cursor into the text box labeled “Sign Here.”
- Sign on the device and press the “OK” button with the pen.
- Verify that text has appeared in the Signature String text box in the web browser.
- If the signature appears garbled or incomplete, click the “Report a Problem” button and provide your contact details, problem description and serial number (on bottom of signature pad) and our support team will be in contact with you to resolve the problem.
Yes! Just download the plugin you want and it will work with 32 and 64 bit Office applications. Click here to go to the download page.