The Software Engineer shall be responsible for the development, testing, integration, and support of high quality firmware and software programs for various Scriptel (the Company) products in a timely manner. The Software Engineer shall work with Scriptel affiliates, partners, and customers as needed, to develop and/or support existing and new products or services developed, offered, or designed by the Company. The Software Engineer shall be responsible for appropriate documentation of work performed and the implementation of proper document/information control policies and procedures of the Company. Software Engineer’s duties shall be assigned by the Company from time to time and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of new products for the Company and in the development of documentation and necessary support to protect new products under patent, trademark, licensing agreements, or other legal means for the benefit of the Company.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and propose solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, layouts, UML diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommend changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Protect operations by utilizing various project tracking systems tools and keeping information confidential and properly protected.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed in a timely manner.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Support partners, customers, and prospective customers by offering engineering advice and problem solving skills in real time on the phone, email, and other means of communication.
- Answering Company technical support phone line and emails.
- Diagnosing customer complaints and determining if product should be returned to the Company for repair.
- Creating documentation for public distribution and/or for an individual company.
Jr Sales Rep.
Our rapidly growing west Columbus-based business seeks a junior level, highly motivated Business Developer with inside sales experience and demonstrated CRM system skills. This position includes interacting with new and existing customers, data entry, answering phones, and cold calling prospective new clients. We’re looking for a knowledgeable individual who can quickly absorb and retain information about a technical product sold to business users. Should also be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Solid understanding of database concepts would be a plus.
Qualified candidates should email an introductory letter along with a current resume to jobs [at] scriptel [dot] com